Sunday, December 30, 2007

Next 4 Weeks

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the way the last 4 week training block went. Though my volume was less than anticipated, I was consistent with my training, working out every day.

Over the course of the next four week training block, I will remain in HR zone 1 for most of the rides and keep to a cap of 151bpm. The one exception will be where I simulate racing pace as part of each Saturday ride, progressing from 45min, 60min, 70min, and back down to 60min. I will also include recovery rides, which occur at HR 111-120bpm, on Monday and Friday. For the bike, I will continue building toward 300-350 miles biking per week. For the run, I will continue building my miles up to the 40-50 mile range capping my HR to 156.

If you've been following my training, you'll notice that I haven't done any swimming or weights yet. I will pick that up as well, though the relative volume for swimming will not be anywhere close to the biking and running volumes.

No comments: