Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday: 13.1 mile run

Jumped into a half marathon this morning without really having run since IMAZ. I could still feel some fatigue from the Ironmans and my quads hurt a little throughout the race. But otherwise, it felt great to get going. I finished somewhere around 1:35-1:36 (the results are not up yet and i forgot to turn my Garmin off at the finish). Below are my splits.



I ran a half marathon on this same course exactly 14 months ago--September 2007. My time for that race was 1:53:41. I'm quite happy with the improvement. My splits for that race are below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Based on your workouts and Half Mary time it seems that either your run endurance is not there or you underperformed in the IM. A 1:36 Half Mary split should equal a stand alone 3:22 full marathon, which would be around a 3:35-3:40 IM marathon. If your powermeter is correct and you were throwing down 6 hour 280+ watt ride(s) and only road 235 watts in the IM it seems that you should've been able to run faster or alternatively, should've been able to bike faster and run the same.

Ironboom said...

I agree. I definitely think I underperformed at IMFL. I think I screwed up my taper and my race execution. No doubt about it. But time to move on. I'm now thinking ahead to next year.