Friday, November 30, 2007

My Focus for the Next 8 weeks

Starting next Monday, I will begin my training in earnest. My entire year will be based on getting my IM run time down--by an hour. I think I can get it down to 3:15-3:30, though some have told me that is overly ambitious considering where I am. I'm up for challenge. That doesn't mean I won't be biking. I will be biking a lot, up to 3 times as much as running. For the next 8 weeks, however, I will be biking very easy for most of my rides, mindful of watts, but staying in hr zone 1-low 2 regardless (mostly zone 1). And I doubt I will ever get out of zone 2 until maybe 6 weeks before the IM, if even then. That's the entire year. My focus will be simply to build bike fitness by spending lots of time in the saddle and to lose weight (I'm now at 162 but would like to be at 148 for IMFL--11 months away). I hope by staying in zone 1 for 8 weeks on the bike, I will start laying a good base, lose weight, and remain fresh enough to run and run and run day in and day out.

No comments: