Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday

Today I did FL70.3. Felt really good and am pleased with where my fitness is. Obviously my swim was going to bad. Going in, I had set a goal of 40 minutes for the swim. I was off by a minute or so I was happy with that. I felt fantastic throughout the bike ride. I'll put up the data when I upload it but I think I was aroun 260 or so watts for the ride. Being a slow swimmer and having been in the second to last wave hurt as there were, because of the design of the course, sections throughr the ride where I could not pass slower riders in front of me, which slowed me down a little, but I felt great. Bike time was 2:22. Once I got onto the run, I still has very good legs but my shins starting acting up after 5 min. It's too bad because Unlike last year I haven't had any shin problems this year. I tried to keep going, walking it out to see if it would go away but no luck-I pulled out as this race doesn't mean much to me and I didn't want to rial injury. Overall I felt much better than I thought I would and so am pretty happy where I am at this stage of the year. Much better than last year at the same time. Racing was also a blast. Going to race much more often this year. Now time to get going on that swim and run.

No comments: