Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday

Just looked over my power from from FL 70.3. Avg watts was 262. Normalized power was 299w. As I mentioned in my race report, the design of the bike course wasn't great so that there were sections of the course where I was unable to pass slower riders. That I think explains a large chunk of the discrepancy between ap and np. But I otherwise had a great ride and am very happy with it given where I am in my training. It also provides more incentive to really start improving my swim so that I can get out of the water faster and therefore not have to pass as many people on the bike. I'm looking for another half to do in about 8 weeks.

a.m. One of the most frustrating rides I've ever had. Woke up early hoping to get in a couple of hours outside. 20 minutes go by. Water bottle with Gatorade in it falls off. Stop to get it. Turn around. Car drives over it. Carry on. 20 minutes later. Going up a hill. Chain skips. Chain falls off. I fall off bike. Knee hurts. Check bike. Chain broken. Walk home. Sucked.

lunch. 50 min run. Still sore.

p.m. am bikeless for the night. Can't swim because of t-storms. Will run 40 min later. One of those days.

No comments: