Friday, November 21, 2008

Thoughts Going Into IMAZ

I'm headed to Tempe later today. I have to work this morning.

I will admit that I do not feel like I am in that good of shape and not even close to where I was 3-5 weeks ago heading into IMFL. I'm also about 3 lbs heavier. If I didn't taper enough last time, I may have tapered too much this time. I don't really feel like I am firing on all cylinders.

Having said that, I have zero expectations for this race. I have no idea as to how my body will hold up or where my fitness is. I did 10:12 at IMFL, but it was almost an "easy" 10:12. I left too much out on the course and really wasn't prepared to, and really didn't, suffer--I didn't have the energy to suffer.

Going into this race, I don't care about my time, which is somewhat of a nice feeling. I'd be more satisfied than IMFL if I finish knowing that I gave it my all. I have a strategy for this race, but unlike last time, I'm prepared to hurt and even to blow up. That's my goal for this race.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Go forth and kick ass!

Gigs said...

Have fun and get it done! Enjoy the experience while you are at it!

Fred Doucette said...

Good luck. I will follow your progress!