Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday: IRONMAN FLORIDA

It's f$cking race day! I'm up an hour early--3 a.m. Couldn't really sleep. Also with the time difference (PCB being 1 hour behind EST), I screwed up the alarm on my blackberry and so set the alarm 1 hour too early. I was sorta up anyway, just dosing. I'm completely wired, and yet surprisingly not that nervous. I'm sure the nerves will kick in once I get down to transition. I've already eaten 2 bagels with cottage cheese, one chocolate chip Cliff Bar, one banana, and one Cliff Builders bar (Chocolate Mint). I'm already full, but will try (and now have extra time)to get some more calories in. F$ck yeah!!!!!!!! Here we go!!!!!!!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________

Well, today just wasn't my day. I picked the wrong day to have a bad one. I just didn't have it today. I never felt like I ever had any energy and as a result was constantly playing catchup. I'll post a full race report in the next couple of days once I have had time to digest the race. I learned a lot by doing it and know I didn't leave my all out there. I know my fitness far surpasses my race result. And I feel like I just did a 5k, not an Ironman. So now I am more motivated than ever. My powermeter didn't work to start the ride, which I will elaborate on in the report, but I'll post what data I have once I get my bike back. Below are my runs splits.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will crush it! Stay focused. Stay in the moment. Enjoy. Be safe. Time to Rock N Roll.

BAM said...

dude, saw your time today. hope you're happy, you did great. i hope i can do that in arizona in 3 weeks. congrats!

Ironboom said...

Thanks, BAM. I appreciate it. There were good things and some things I can take away to improve on. Thanks for the support. And best of luck in Arizona in 3 weeks. I hope you crush it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats..I know it's not what you hoped for but it was an awesome race and will inspire you and others for other Iroonman races.

Anonymous said...

solid effort Ironboom, it'll come to you..

Ed

Anonymous said...

I think if you would have done a resonable taper your results would have been much more favorable. I wanted to mention it to you but I felt that would have messed with your mind before the race.

That ride you did last week, whether you know it or not, "killed you!" If you just would have tapered off the volume in the 4-5 weeks leading up to the race and kept the intensity high you would have crushed it for sure.

I think, by your training, you had the capability of riding in the 4:40's and you could have run a 3:30 marathon easy.

It has been interesting watching the progression on an indoor trainer no less.

I know you didn't reach your goal but you learned a huge lesson and raced well despite your lingering fatigue. Nice job! Going next year?