Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday: Ironman Florida Gear Check In

Wow! I am psyched! I can't wait to get this started!

Today was pretty hectic. The two days before the race always seem to be. But today in particular because is you have to check in your bag and all your gear by 3pm. It seems like it should be enough time but somehow the day slips by.

I woke up pretty early and just chilled. Then I went for a 2 x 5 minute swim in the Gulf. I made it it out 2 minutes, felt good, then became afraid I was going to get attacked by a shark, and so then swam back in. I then did that again. It felt a little different than swimming in the pool and it was a little cold at first, but it was a lot of fun. Tomorrow should be great.

I then went to pick up my bike from Inside Out Sports. I had them check out my bike one last time and put on my race wheels. Took the bike for a test ride to make some minor adjustments on my position, tighten the bolts, and get a feel for the race wheels--1080 and sub9. Wow. The wheels are fast. But scary. I was getting blown all over the place and it crossed my mind to go with the 808 front. But I think I'll be less scared with without cars and more room on the road. So 1080 it is. They are fast!

I was also a little cold on the bike when I first started out. I wore a thermal shirt over my trisuit and was still a little cold. But then I warmed up after about 45 minutes or so. I've decided I am not going to use armwarmers for the race tomorrow unless it is much colder when I wake up in the morning. I'll probably be cold when I first start the bike, but will warm up later. I would rather it stay cold throughout the day though.

______________________________________________________________________________
Came back from my ride and my brother surprised me and was waiting in the room. I didn't know he was coming. So it was awesome to see him! My mom also surprised me by coming yesterday. I only thought my dad was coming. So now I have my cheering squad and need to deliver.
___________________________________________________________________________
Packed my transition bags and dropped them off as well as my bike. I saw the Thunderbears bike. It looked money. I then saw Tom Evans and told him I was going to take him down. I don't think he realized that I was joking and he gave me a dirty double take. It was cool seeing him though. I wish him well and hopes he kicks ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stay in the moment. Get it done!