Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Monday: 31 mile bike; 8 mile run; 1500 meter swim

Ironman Training Day 1 (Preparation)

Bike Recovery + Run Endurance

S: 30 min easy. 1500 meters.

B: 1:30 recovery. First hour capped at 125 bpm. Then 30 min capped at 135bpm. Good legs.

R: 8 miles. It has taken 10 weeks but I finally do not feel any pain, discomfort, or any other abnormal feelings in my hip, groin, buttocks, glutes area. It was a real pleasure to finally get a decent run in. I am optimistic that 12 weeks will be sufficient to get my run where it needs to be. Surisingly perhaps, because of all of the biking, my running cardiovascular system is not that far off from where it was last year; my heart rate is relatively low for any given pace. I obviously just don't have the muscular strength yet to run fast.

W: Off.

No comments: