Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday: 90 mile bike; 4 mile run

Tempo

S: Off.

B: 4:05 w/2 hours @ Tempo. At this time last year, I was doing many more steady rides at Ironman pace or slightly below. I think it's way too early to do these rides as I had my best rides before race day. I'm not going to make the same mistake this year. As I enter my Ironman build, I'll incorporate race pace rides soon, but I won't ride 5 hours specifically at race pace until late September/early October. For now, I am going to continue concentrating on Endurance, Tempo, and Sub-Lactate Threshold Interval rides.

I installed an 11-23 cassette to get an extra gear and make sure I don't cheat my power and cadence on the downhills during Tempo rides. My power at Tempo today was the best it has ever been. I'm happy with where my bike fitness is.

R: 4 miles.

W: abs.

No comments: