Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Monday + Tuesday

Monday. 2.5 hours in San Diego. Definitely not as fun as Sunday's ride. On Sunday, I rode up to an athlete, whom I won't mention by name out of respect for their privacy, but who is at the very top of the sport. I landed up riding 4 hours with this athlete. And this athlete answered every single one of my questions-and I didn't stop asking questions for all 4 hours of the ride- about training, racing, nutrition, the business side, gossip, etc. This athlete also waited for me when I needed to stop to refill bottles, to go to the bathroom, when I missed a couple turns, and when I was dropped, and even changed their original route to continue riding with me and waited with me when I got lost right before getting back my starting point. And when I say the very top of the sport, I mean the very top. A real class act and by far the highlight of my triathlon "career." I am still shocked that tje athlete allowed me to ride with them. It was unfuckinbelievable. The downside was that I wasn't feeling especially fresh given Saturdays ride and was only going planning on ridining am easy 2. My adrenaline got going though and I felt like I had an extra gear because of who I was riding with. Really wad an incredible day. Out of movie.

Tuesday: Rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh man... Soooo lucky!! I bet you picked up so much in that 4 hour ride!!

Ed