Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday

Feeling much better relative to the last couple of weeks. Overall, I feel good and am fit and strong; but I don't think I am as fit as last year. I certainly haven't had the monster workouts (power-, pace-, and volume-wise) that I had last year - though my overall volume has been higher this year. And I wish I had another 6 weeks of training---I honestly think that with another 6 weeks, I'd crush the race. On the other hand, I have been much more patient this year - perhaps too patient - and definitely do not think that I have peaked too soon, which I think I did do last year.

I am confident that a sub 10 hour Ironman is doable with my current fitness, but it won't be easy and will take perfect execution on race day. Two weeks of tapering/peaking - three-day block starting tomorrow - and then that will be it.

S: 1 hour swim lesson/stroke analysis with the former coach of the UCLA swim team. According to the guy, my stroke is not that bad; He made some minor adjustments and told me that,for the future, I just need to swim more and do more intensity sets.

B: 1 hour. 209w. Feeling powerful again.

3 comments:

Fred Doucette said...

Stay focussed and positive. Truthfully I think you are in better shape than last year, as some of your best sessions were in training, but NOT onj the Florida course. I had my best year in 2009, and my training was quite a bit worse than the previous year... injury. However, with 1 more year of training added to your system/resume, you will be stronger than last year. trust me, you are going to be under 10 hours.

Anonymous said...

Don't pull a Lucho.

Anonymous said...

You will do it. I have been following your blog as inspriation for a few months now. I even started my own blog for my sub 11 quest at st george utah. Its been interesting watching your workouts. You train much differently than me. Anyway, best of luck and hopefully I will have the same great goal as you for 2011. Good luck!