Sunday, April 12, 2009

Upcoming Training

I've decided to end my foundation period a couple weeks early. I've gained a lot of fitness but am now ready to enter my endurance period. I will be adding more volume in all three disciplines (not hard to add more for swimming!) and will be biking at slightly higher power levels (not as hard as last week). I will also run more, but I am going to continue running slow. My run needs a lot of work. 9:30s this week (for whatever reason) was still tough. I need consistency over faster running for now. I guess it's also about time I really start swimming so I can at least finish the swim at FL70.3.

FL70.3 is 5 weeks away, but I don't care about my time as I still plan on training slow/easy. I'm doing it just for racing experience. But I won't be doing any half ironman (or even Ironman) paced training. My goal is to peak in November. That means building as a big a base as possible, before heading into more specific training.

No comments: