Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday: 64 mile bike; 5 mile run; strength

a.m. 50 min run. 5.31mi. 9:25min/mi. 30min w/u(4min run; 1 min walk); 20min@9:05. The slow warmup seems to be helping--though it is somewhat boring.

p.m. Bike 3 hours. 64 miles. 221w. 144bpm. My hamstrings were a little tired during the last hour I think probably in part because of raising the seat and in part because I am out of shape, but I otherwise felt pretty good and much better than I though I would. I did have some major cardiac drift though, which tells me--as expected considering where my training is at this stage--I am lacking endurance.

Strength (3x3pull; 4x15push; abs).

Week Summary.

I was out of town the first couple of days of the week, which threw off my training. The last 3 days though have been great, including my diet, and I think will give me the kickstart that I need to get going. I was going to start a 4 week training block last week, including some swimming, but that didn't happen, so I'll start this week. It will actually be 3 weeks and then a recovery week. However, I am taking the week off completely from running. I like my new strategy of warming up very slowly for 20-30min and it seems to be working, but I am nevertheless going to take the week off out of an abundance of caution.

B: 9:04 (188mi)
R: 4:18 (28.5 mi)

Total: 13:22

No comments: