Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday: 11 mile run; 35 mile bike

I am definitely in a funk and am not sure what is going on. My training has been completely off, but it's not from laziness or a lack of motivation. I am hopping on the bike everyday but feel awful and then hop off. I have absolutely NO power. I tried to do an easy 56 mile ride at 200 watts, something two weeks ago, would have been a recovery ride and something I could have whipped off in my sleep. For today's ride, I averaged about 207 watts for the first hour, and then I literally had no power left. For the remainder of the ride, I could barely sustain 170 watts and could not pedal more than 70-75 revolutions per minute. I cut the ride short.

I haven't been drinking any Gatorade this week and am hoping that is the reason for the lack of energy and power. I'll try to give myself another easy day tomorrow and then hopefully get back into longer rides on Monday. While there is still plenty of time until the Ironman, I was hoping to have begun my Tempo riding for this four week training bloc. So I am now off a week. Not the end of the world and it is what it is, but upsetting nonetheless.

In the a.m., I ran 8.23 miles in 70 minutes. 8:35min/mi. I was hoping to run another 60 minutes at night, but fell asleep in the afternoon and then ran out of time before I had to go to a dinner party. I managed another easy 3 miles at 8:59 min/mi.

No comments: