Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday: 8 mile run; 56 mile bike


a.m. 70 minute run; 8.42 miles; 8:21min/mi; 151bpm. This was the first time I have really run in the last four weeks without worrying about my achilles. I ran the first 5 miles relatively easy capping my heart rate at 151bpm. I then ran the last 3 miles at Ironman race pace, keeping my heart rate around 159bpm.

p.m. As Lance Armstrong I think said after a stage win in one of his later Tour de France victories, "this was one of the best days I have ever had on a bicycle." I rode the first 20 minutes easy and then gradually picked up the pace close to Ironman race pace; the difference being that I never went above my Heart Rate Cap of 159bpm. My average heart rate for the ride was 150bpm, which will be higher in the Ironman. I felt great throughout. I posted a couple SRM graphs of the ride below:



1 comment:

Gigs said...

great workout. keep it up.