Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday: 8 mile run; 1250 yard swim

Swim at lunch: 1250 scy; 30 lengths easy; 10 lengths hard; 10 lengths easy. No rest.

70 minute run after work. 8.59 miles. 8:12min/mi. 151bpm. I ran the first 5 miles relatively easy capping my heart rate at 151bpm. Then upped the pace for the remaining 3.5 miles, capping my heart rate at 159bpm. Despite my various running injuries over the last few months, I am probably in the best Ironman running shape I have ever been in, meaning that my pace relative to heart rate is the best it has ever been, though I have trained at faster paces (and higher heart rates) when training for standalone marathons.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

seem to have made major strides in your fitness...are u considering revising your goal to go under 9:30?