Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday: 40 mile bike

Today was the first day of tempo riding. I warmed up for 60 minutes and then did 50 minutes of tempo. I was hoping to do 90minutes but ran out of time. For the tempo part of the ride, I averaged 270 watts. I struggled to get my heart rate up, averaging only 147bpm for the tempo portion. As I progress over the next few weeks, I think (and hope) that I will get stronger and be able to get my heart rate up. I've noticed that after having biked in zone 1/low zone 2 for so long, I have good power at lower heart rates, but lack strength at higher heart rates. Total ride: 40 miles; 237w; 139bpm; 79rpm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the SRM graphs?

Anonymous said...

Ran across your blog. Look forward to following your journey to IMFL....

DME1

Ironboom said...

I'll put up the graph tonight. It was only a 40 mile ride so I didn't think it was worth putting up.