Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday: 84 mile bike; 2 mile run

I woke up and didn't feel much better. Started out with a run in the morning. My plan was to run about 7-8 miles. I got 2 miles out. Everything hurt. Muscles. Tendons. Bones. I had no energy and walked back in.

In the evening, I just said f*ck it and went for it despite how I was feeling. Hopped on the bike without a heart rate monitor, because quite frankly I don't want to know how much fitness I have lost. (I think I'll go without a heart rate monitor for a few more rides). My plan was to go as long as I could, up to 56 miles, at a very easy pace, just to prove to myself that I could still do it. Surprisingly, I felt very good but continued to go easy the throughout the ride. Before I knew it, I had ridden for 4 hours. 84 miles. 219w. 84rpm. I was tempted to finish the whole 112 miles, but didn't want to overdo it on my first ride in a while.

For this four week training blc, I was meant to start my Tempo riding. However, given how I have been feeling, I am not going to try and make up for what I have lost. I'll continue to ride easy for the most part, and push back all my training by 4 weeks.

No comments: