Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday: 56 mile bike; 8 mile run; abs

Started the day with a 50 min run. I usually run the morning run a little harder than the evening run and that was no different today. However, I ran a little easier than my usual morning run as I was feeling a little tired and don't want to risk injury. 5.59 miles; 8:56min/mi.

I then biked for 56 miles and followed that up with a 30 minute brick run. I felt strong and powerful throughout the bike, averaging 247w at 138 bpm. My biking is now in an entirely different galaxy than it was when I started training after the last Ironman, 6 months ago back in November.

For the brick run, I ran easy and felt solid, but was also very hot; I ran on the treadmill without a fan or any other circulation. I felt good otherwise. 3.29mi; 9.07min/mi.

No comments: