Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday: 56 mile bike

After eating crap and drinking too much alcohol over the last couple of days, I feel like I haven't done much training this week. Today was the first time that I have really worked out since Tuesday. It's been a good mental break. Even still, looking back at the training log, my volume isn't too far from where it should be.

56 mile bike tonight. My heart rate was high. And I felt like I have put on a couple pounds during the week. But my legs felt ok. Not great. But not bad. 56 mile rides are starting to feel routine even when I don't feel great. The ride: FL: 2:42:47; 203w; 134bpm; 81rpm; 20.6mph

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've seem to have hit a plateau time to step it up in distance or intensity. Only way you are going to break through

Ironboom said...

I think it's probably too early to say I have plateaued and still too early to step up in intensity. I don't expect (and would be unrealistic to do so) to see huge improvements in training on every ride. I'll blog about my yearly plan one of these days so my training program and protocol becomes more transparent. In brief, I am in the midst of a distance build over the course of the next 4 weeks including this one. And then the following 4 weeks will based around Ironman race pace rides and recovery.