Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday: 42 mile bike

Today's bike ride was tough. My legs felt heavy from the beginning. I felt like I had no energy. And I could never really settle into a groove. By the 90 minute marker, I had already drank lots of water, 32 oz of Gatorade and eaten a powerbar. Usually that will last me 3 hours. Not today. While riding, I also thought my heart rate was high for my power output. But on average, it turned out to be within the normal range. Total ride was 2 hours: 215w; 135bpm; 80rpm; 42.21 miles.

Tomorrow I was planning on riding a recovery ride, but may just take the day off the bike instead. I am also going to pick up running again, mostly limited to recovery runs. My achilles is not perfect but feels much better than last week.

2 comments:

Brandon Grusd said...

Why not just go easy instead of nothing? One hour at 180 watts is better than nothing.

Ironboom said...

I might do just that. It depends on how I am feeling. Tomorrow is recovery, so I can either ride easy/recovery or take the day off. I don't want to overdo it and since I didn't feel that well on the bike today, my body may be telling me to rest a bit. On the other hand, I have had some of my best rides the day after feeling terrible. So I'll try to hop on and see how I'm feeling. The goal for the week is to get around 400 miles, with Monday, Wednesday, and Friday being recovery days.