Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday: 56 mile bike

a.m. Quite surprisngly, I was able to fall asleep at a relatively decent hour. So I woke up early and felt pretty refreshed. I biked the Florida 70.3 course and felt fantastic the entire ride. I ate a power bar early on in the ride as I didn't eat beforehand, and drank 32 oz of Gatordae and 1.5L of water throughout the ride. My average heart rate was even lower today for the same kind of power as over the weekend. 124 bpm. I wouldn't put too much stock in one ride and my heart rate tends to be a bit lower when I ride early in the morning, but I am happy with the way my fitness is progressing as I am consistently in the same range. Total ride: FL: 2:43:43; 201w; 124bpm; 84rpm; 20.5mph.

p.m. I had every intention of biking another 24 miles tonight to make it 80 for the day. However, I'm just getting home from work and it is now 11pm. So, unfortunately, no more biking tonight.

1 comment:

Gigs said...

When are you going to train at a heart rate above zone 1 on the bike?