Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday: 11 mile run

a.m. Woke up and just didn't feel like running. Forced myself to go. Very easy recovery run. 9 minutes running, 1 minute walking. Once I started, I felt great. 4 miles. 37 minutes.

p.m. I was planning on running another recovery run for 5 miles. However, I felt great from the get go and turned the workout into a normal aerobic run. Ran 7.04 miles at 8:31min/mi. I need to be careful not to overdue it this week. This is a recovery week and will impact the next 4 week training cycle which will be a little more intense than what I have been doing. So I need to recover from my previous training and rest for the next training bloc. I don't mind keeping the volume up, but I need to back off the pace for most of the rest of the week, irrespective of how I am feeling.

I've decided to take the night off the bike, which I don't like doing. One missed workout, especially at the beginning of the week greatly impacts other training and the rest of the week. However, I'm going to try to go to bed at a reasonable hour for once. Doubt that will happen though......

No comments: