Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thursday: 3 mile run; 56 mile bike

Woke up and was feeling tired despite not training yesterday. Worse yet, my achilles tendon is still bothering me. I think I may have overdone it on Monday, when I should have run a recovery run but stupidly switched to an aerobic run. This week, after all, is a recovery week and so I shouldn't have been overstressing my body, especially after the previous big weekend. Hopefully, it will start to feel better soon, but I'll have to take it easy on the run this week--even easier than initially scheduled.

I ran a very easy recovery run this morning, 3.28 miles in 30 minutes, and then opted to skip the second and slightly longer run I had planned for the evening.

For the evening workout, I fell asleep when I got home for about 20-30 minutes and then waited a little longer to hop on the bike. When I finally did, my workout consisted of a very easy recovery ride. Earlier in the the week, Gigs asked if and when I plan on ever riding in zone 2. The short answer is yes, and very soon. But I'll give a more detailed response when I have more time this weekend. In the meantime, I am very pleased with my progress over the last several months simply by staying in zone 1. The improvements are much more than I could have imagined in such a short time. Just to give you a point of reference, as recently as December and specifically on December 31, 2007, a typical recovery ride looked like this: FL: 2:59:29; 160w; 118bpm; 77rpm; 18.7mph. Two to three months later, tonight's recovery ride looked like this: FL: 2:48:40; 186w; 118bpm; 79rpm; 19.9mph.

No comments: