Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday: 3 mile run

I don't know him, but I have been following this guy Tim Luchinske's
blog. I like how he posts his workouts every day. It's pretty inspirational. He is pretty hardcore, running 100-140 miles per week. I won't be putting up those kind of numbers, but I do think there can be a lot of benefits (for myself) to posting daily. Two of the main problems I have been running into is finding the time to post a weeks worth of workouts in one sitting, and also remembering exactly how I felt or what I was thinking during specific days and workouts. So I'm going to try to start doing the same and sorta copy his format (hopefully, he won't mind).

I started out this morning with an easy 3 mile run in 28min. No heart rate monitor. That's the slowest I've run in a long time, but wanted to run a true recovery run, a pace determined by using the McMillan calculator. It was tough to run at that pace. Whether this is the case or not, I feel like there is more pounding than running a naturally quicker (relative of course) pace. I'm afraid of getting plantar fasciitis again by running too slow. The only time I have ever gotten it was when I ran for 4-6 weeks at a very slow pace last year (10min/mi) to stay under a certain heart rate cap. I'm fitter than I was last year so I can now run quicker at an even lower cap. However, I don't think I'll run this slow again, but instead will take walk breaks (every 9 minutes) to bring down the heart rate or pace during recovery runs. (That's the method I used to build up my fitness in the first place even during general aerobic runs). Hopefully, I'll soon be at a level of fitness where my recovery runs become a bit quicker.

No comments: