Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday: 56 mile bike; 2 mile run; abs

Today's ride was a struggle, particularly beginning at the 2 hour mark, though I never felt good throughout. Despite taking in more calories than normal--at these low heart rates, I now, as I have become fitter, only usually need water and maybe a little gatorade at the end of a 56 mile ride--I lost all power for the last 40 minutes of the ride or so and was just hanging on.

Yesterday my heart rate was high but my legs felt great; today my heart rate was high and my legs were flat out tired. I should have done a true recovery ride, but thought I could press my luck until it was too late. I may ride recovery for one if not both of the rides tomorrow.

a.m. 2 mile run. 9:22min/mi

p.m. 56 mile bike. FL: 2:41:58; 207w; 134bpm; 82rpm; 20.7mph

No comments: