Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday: 56 mile bike; 3 mile run; 1.5 mile swim; abs

Started out by swimming 1.5 miles. My swim is terrible and am now upset that I didn't do any swimming during the winter. While I don't believe in spending too much focus on the swim, as it takes away from training the bike and the run, and 5-10 minutes time savings isn't going make a race, I still need my swim to be better than it is.

The pool close to where I work closed down. I have found another pool which is about 4-5 miles from where I live. So I'm going to start running there and back (once my shins are better) to save some time. I think the swim took me 45 minutes which is somewhat disheartening. I don't think I'll time my swims anymore but will just get the distance in. And I'll need to start swimming some more.

I then biked 56 miles. Felt good throughout and didn't have any lingering fatigue from yesterday's ride, which tells me my fitness is good. Total ride: 263w; 149bpm; 82rpm.


Followed the bike with a 3 mile brick run. 7:36min/mi; 160bpm.

No comments: