Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday: 56 mile bike; 5 mile run; 3 mile swim

Heart rate was still very high today though my legs felt ok, though far from normal. I started out with a 3 mile swim. I didn't time it but it took me around 1:30. So needless to say, I have a lot of work to do in the water.

Then biked 56 miles. Heart rate is still sky high. I've looked back at my training log and this tends to happen when I take an easy week, like I did last week. On the other hand, I don't want to push it if it is something else, which is more likely as my legs do not feel great. So I don't mind training easy. While I want my volume to be high at this point, the real training is still to come. 189w; 128bpm.

I followed the bike with a 5.29 mile easy brick run. Ran 9 minutes and walked 1 minute for 50 minutes. 9:27min/mi.

I decided to skip the second bike and rest instead.

No comments: