Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday: 56 mile bike; 8 mile run; 3 mile swim; abs

Started out with a 3 mile swim. It took about 90 minutes which would be close to a 1:12 Ironman swim at the same pace. So this is where I am. I have 18 weeks to take off almost 10 minutes. It will be tough. But I think it is doable.

Then hopped on the bike. I felt pretty good but didn't want to go too hard as my heart rate was a bit high. 215w. 133bpm. 21.3 mph. 82rpm.

Followed the ride with an 8 mile brick run. 9:06 min/mi with 1 mile at 8:00 min/mi. It feels great to run faster but I need to continue being patient as the race is still too far to start running that fast. So despite feeling great running the 8 min mile and wanting to run more miles at that pace, I forced myself to slow down. Right now I am concerned about volume and preventing injury and my run volume has been low.

No comments: