Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday: 56 mile bike; 4 mile run; 1 mile swim; abs

Started with a 4.57 mile run early this morning. Today was going to be hot day and so I wanted to get the run out of the way. When I left, it was already very humid and toasty. 8:03 min/mi. 154bpm.

56 mile bike. Very easy. Still trying to get back into the swing of things. I feel fine but I don't feel as powerful as I had been. I'm ok with that because I was concerned that I was peaking a little too early. I'm happy with keeping everything easy. 15-16 weeks is close to the race, but still gives me plenty of time.

1 mile swim. I had hoped to swim longer, but didn't feel that great.

After the swim, I went to Best Buy to check out very small laptops. I want to buy a cheap one that I can rest on my aerobars when doing easy rides. I think I can start checking the web and email and multitasking while on my bike. Hopefully this will allow me to gain more time to train. I didn't land up buying anything yet as I wanted to check the prices on the web, but the Asus Eee PC 900 seems to be what I'm looking for.

No comments: