Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday: 40 mile bike; 3 mile swim; abs

I have definitely lost some bike fitness, but I am starting to feel like my old self again. So I am hopeful that I will gain the fitness back quickly. My swimming and running seem to be coming along--though I haven't tested them yet and probably won't until about 10 weeks down the road--so I am happy about that.

Given that I haven't been feeling well, I didn't want to push it too much today despite feeling better. I need to listen to my body and I think rest will do me more good than just chasing the volume at this point. From now on though I need to make sure I ride just about every day, even during recovery weeks, and even if it is for only 30 minutes. For whatever reason, if I miss a single day of riding, and especially multiple days of riding, my body seems to shut down, I get sick, and then it takes me a while to get going again.

I'll have a big day tomorrow. And then I will take 5 weeks to get my volume back up before 4 weeks of Tempo riding.

Swim: 3 miles. ~90 minutes.

Bike: 40 miles. 120min. 207w; 126bpm. 83rpm.

No comments: