Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday: 12 mile bike; 2 mile run; 1.5 mile swim; abs

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I am not feeling well. I have no energy. No power on the bike. Can't move on the run.

I worked all morning. Then went for a swim at noon. 1.5 miles. I felt awful. Then I got on the bike. I was struggling. Got off after 40 minutes after my power dropped from 180w to literally 100w. 12 miles. I then tried running to see if that would go any better. Nope. 2 miles. I then slept the entire afternoon which is unusual for me.

My throat hurts. I have a cough. And my muscles ache. So something is definitely off. I'm guessing it's the combination of the constant traveling, work, time off at the begininng of last week, and lack of sleep.

This was one of the worst weeks I have had training-wise since I started training seriously over a year ago, including the weeks right after the last Ironman. On the bright side, my motivation is very high and I can't wait to start training harder than ever. I also got my swim volume up. The low volume was in part due to the slow start to the week because of the work trip and in part because I have had no energy. So that is what it is and was out of my control. On the other hand, I feel like I am losing fitness--and certainly am not gaining fitness--with each passing day. Ok, I'll stop my whining now. Hopefully, I'll feel better soon.

I am now at the airport waiting for my flight to Rhode Island for another business trip. I get back Tuesday and will make sure to get some biking in that night, no matter how little. I won't make the same mistake as last week.

Week summary: Bike 150 miles; Run 20 miles; Swim 8.5 miles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats amazing to watch you keep up that volume with an unpredictable work schedule. It'll come back! Sub 10 IMFL!

DME1

Ironboom said...

Thanks, man. Much appreciated.