Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday: 80 mile bike; 2 mile run; 0.5 mile swim; abs

Bike 56 miles. FL: 2:28:27; 267w; 148bpm; 82rpm; 22.6mph. I felt strong but noticed that I grew mentally tired toward the 2 hour mark, something which wasn't happening when I was riding 56 miles almost daily.


Brick run: 2.02 miles. 7:25min/mi. Felt great aerobically but shins still hurt.

Recovery bike 24 miles.

I then tried to swim 3 miles but got tossed out of the pool when a thunderstorm hit.

Week Summary. B: 211 miles; R: 37.82m miles; S: 5.5 miles.

The good news is I am feeling rested and back to normal. I have 16 weeks until IMFL. I will now begin my build toward the race starting with 4 weeks of increasing the volume at a heart rate cap of 159bpm, 4 weeks of Tempo riding, 4 weeks of steady state riding, and then Ironman race pace and taper. This is a little different than I had planned initially--as you will notice my annual plan on the right side of the blog. However, I decided that I was attempting Tempo riding too early in the year without having had the base yet, in addition to the fact that I think initially I scheduled my Tempo and Steady State riding too far out from the race.

No comments: