Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday: 105 mile bike; 9 mile run; abs

In the morning, I ran 9 miles at 8:55min/mi. 80 minutes. Started at 6.5mph on the treadmill increasing it by 0.1mph every ten minutes and running 9 and walking 1 minute.

Then onto the bike. I came back down to earth today. I rode easy, but it was not an easy ride. I struggled mentally. In many ways, it almost feels easier to ride harder because it is more fun watching your watts which motivates you, at least me, to keep going. Today, I was just trying to get it done at an easy pace, so it wasn't very interesting. I was tempted to get off many times, especially at the 3 and 4 hour marks, but forced myself to stay on. I had the U.S Open on which kept my attention for most of the ride. My heart rate was a little depressed throughout and my power was dropping at the end. I was pretty tired. But most of all, my groin and butt are completely chaffed and it hurts.

Total ride. 5 hours. 105 miles. 217w. 122bpm. 21.1 mph. I drank 3 32oz bottles of Gatorade and 2 liters of water. I ate two Cliff bars.

No comments: