Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday: 90 mile bike; 3 mile run; 2 mile swim; abs

TEMPO SESSION 1
4 hours w/1 hour Tempo

a.m. 2 mile swim. Probably the best swim I have ever had.

lunch. 3 mile run. 9:19min/mi.

p.m. 4 hour ride with 1 hour at Tempo. These rides really frickin' hurt. I don't like them at all. There is no lactic buildup as the rides are still aerobic, well within zone 2. And so the watts are not much higher; but the cadence is so low that your muscles gradually start to fatigue.

I averaged 277w for 60 minutes. Total ride. 90 miles. 4:02:28. 258w. 148bpm.

I tried to brick it, but 0.5 miles in, my shin started to bother me. It didn't hurt, but I was afraid that if I had kept running then I would have hurt it. It may have been mental as I have little confidence that it will hold up; but it's not worth the risk. Big day tomorrow!

No comments: