Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday: 65 mile bike; 6 mile run; 1 mile swim; abs

Today was a rough one. Never could get into a groove. Got another flat, which took ruined me mentally. I just didn't have it. Furthermore, zero chance that I can run a 3:30 marathon with my current level of fitness. (I am actually nervous about running a marathon at any pace). Doubts are definitely starting to creep in.

1 mile swim. ~30 minutes.

65 mile bike. 232w. 135bpm

6 mile brick run. 8:03min/mi

Week summary.

This week was ok--I had some good workouts--but not what I had in mind. Hopefully I will look back and it will be a blessing in disguise. I have 5 weeks to get my endurance up and then taper. I think (and hope) that I am finally able to start putting in some run miles without hurting my shins, but I will have to run much slower than I did this week. I get too excited during brick runs and struggle to hold myself back, which isn't good for Ironman training and would be suicide during the race. I am now up to 11,000 feet in the tent.

Week total. 363 mile bike. 30 mile run. 6 mile swim.

No comments: