Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday: 100 mile bike; 15 mile run; 3 mile swim; abs

a.m. Run to the gym. 4.29 miles. 35:27. 8:15min/mi. Swim 3 miles. Just trying to get it done. Didn't feel that great. Run home. 4.47 miles. 36:09. 8:05 min/mi. Both runs felt easy.

p.m. Bike 100 miles. My plan was to ride easy, but very long. I rode easy, but not as I long as I had hoped. I didn't have it mentally today. I started to hurt 60 miles in and never felt better. I got off at 100 miles. Weak. Total ride. 100 miles. 4:33:04. 238w. 138bpm. 80 rpm. 22.1mph.


Followed the bike with a 6.41 mile brick run. Best run of my life. 7:12min/mi. Felt awesome! I love to swim, bike and run. But there is no better feeling then coming off the bike and running fast (for me anyway).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IronBoom,

Its all coming together!

Congrats

Ironboom said...

Thanks for the comment. I'm starting to feel good. I am entering the key phase of my training. The goal of the next few weeks is to continue doing tempo, then getting used to Ironman race pace, all while concentrating on recovery outside of those sessions and diet. I am getting excited but also very nervous. 6 weeks to go. And then I need to execute on race day.