Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday: 21 mile run; 1 mile swim; abs

Thursday I ran 26 miles. And two days later--today--I ran 21 miles. That is either really stupid or, if nothing else, will be really good for my confidence (and help me shed the last couple pounds) come race day. Speaking of which, my confidence in my run is at an all time high. I've been trying to get this type of mileage all year; now that my shin is holding up, I am just going for it. I'm really lovin' the running.

Prior to Thursday, I was entirely unsure as to whether I could run a marathon at any pace. I am now confident that I will be able to run the marathon--though whether I can do it at 3:30 pace is a different story.

I don't know how I suddenly got all of this run endurance, but these two days have barely taxed me. I have little fatigue and not much soreness. I feel like I haven't done much at all.

On the other hand, I can't risk getting injured at this stage, so I probably won't run longer than these two days until the race. I need to get focused back on the bike and get my bike legs going again.

Biking and getting in the pool will be the focus of training and taper starting tomorrow until the race, though I don't plan on tapering too much, except for the run. My run volume will drop quite a bit. I may do one more semi-long run some time next week; but otherwise most of my runs will just be brick runs.

a.m. 7 mile run. 8:15min/mi.

p.m. 1 mile swim. 14 mile run with the hot chick. 8:35min/mi.

No comments: