Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday: Travel to and Register for IMFL; 30 mile bike; 5 mile run; abs

I'm off to the airport, wearing my skins recovery tights and compression socks underneath my jeans. I got 3 hours of sleep last night, and yet am still completely wired. Lying in bed throughout the night, I was going through the race in head visualizing the key moments: the start; T1; 2 hours into the bike; 80 miles into the bike; 100 miles into the bike; T2; the first three miles of the run; the 6 mile turnaround; the 9 mile marker; the halfway point; 15 miles; 18 miles; 20 miles, 24 miles, and then the last mile. I got a little nervous, but was mostly frickin' pumped and excited. I can't wait!

I weighed in, for my final weigh in, at 149lbs this morning; not the 148 I was hoping for, but still over 15 pounds lighter than I was back in May. When I dropped below that a few weeks ago, I got sick, so I think 149 is good.

_______________________________________________________________________

Went for a 1:45 bike ride just to chill, coast, get my position squared away (as it got a little messed during the trip to FL) and get used to riding outside. Today was my second ride outside since last year' race, the other ride being back sometime in July or August I think. I had my training wheels on but was still scared about getting blown around. I kept my heart rate around the 100s. My left knee did not feel great, but it is probably (and hopefully) just nerves.

_______________________________________________________________________

I'm finally registered. Thank you to all of those who have wished me luck and have expressed interest in my journey. I'll think about all those good wishes when times get tough on Saturday. For those that want to track my race, my race number is 356. Below is a picture of what I'll be wearing on the run.



________________________________________________________________________

Ran 5 miles tonight. Final run until the race. I wanted to wait for night to do my run to avoid the sun and avoid everyone else on the course so I wouldn't be tempted to go too hard. It didn't really work. Ran the first 2.5 miles of the course and then back. I was picturing myself in the race. Felt great. But ran harder than I wanted to. 5 miles. 7:37min/mi.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Get it done! We are rooting for you!

Mark said...

Thanks for specifying that you wore your compression tights UNDER your jeans! ;)

You're gonna rock this course dude! I'd cheer for you if I knew your race number!

Anonymous said...

u look sic dude, I think I saw you biking today.... see you out in there .. ED

Ironboom said...

Thanks for the good wishes to everyone.

Ed, what is your race number? I'll look for you. Best of luck as well.

Fred Doucette said...

Good luck this weekend... and remember to have fun!

Ironboom said...

Thanks, Fred.