Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday: Day Off

Still no energy. I really went over the edge. I think I dropped too much weight too quickly and too early and then caught some bug, which is obviously not out of my system yet. I literally have to stop and rest after walking 10 feet; and forget about trying to walk up stairs or the escalator.

I saw pictures from the running race I did last weekend and I couldn't recognize myself. I look like half the person I used to be at the same time last year. And it doesn't look good. Last week, the hot chick joked--at least I thought she was joking at the time since I have always been pretty strong--that I don't have much muscle. Now that I have seen pictures of myself, I realize that she wasn't joking at all. My legs are big, and then there isn't much else.

Obviously, after having put so much time and energy into this, I am very down and upset with what is going on with me--being sick and my shins being messed up when I should be starting to peak. However, there is not much I can do about it so I am not going to waste any more energy worrying about it. I'm going to try very hard to get going again tomorrow--irrespective of how slow and short it is--and then give it everything I have for three weeks. No more whining. No more crying. No more excuses. Just training.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Florida, if completed in full at any pace, would destroy any success in Arizona. It's one or the other. The elevated heart rate at same wattage indicates a physiologic issue- probably need for rest. My friend caught a 10 day flu Pre race and was fine for IM. Hard to erase 11 months fitness. See a sports physical therpist and a masseuse and let some rest do it's magic. I think you're at a 10:30 Florida or a sub 10:00 Arizona. Have faith.

Ironboom said...

I'd be pretty disappointed with a 10:30, which would only be 20 minutes faster than last year. I think you are right that I won't be able to hit both IMFL and IMAZ. I am considering doing both though with having the option of pulling out of IMFL if it's not my day.