Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday: 84 mile bike; 5 mile run; 4 mile swim; abs

So apparently my blog was posted on Slowtwitch and there seem to be quite a few critics out there. I'm fine with that. I'm not doing this for anyone other than myself, and if anything, naysayers just motivate me even more. So I don't really have much to say about it. I am confident in my training and am enjoying the journey.

a.m. 5 mile run. 9:05 min/mi. Followed by a 2 mile swim. Took about an hour.

lunch. 84 mile bike. 201w. 120bpm. I was feeling good and had to hold myself back. It's great having the Olympics on. Makes the time go by pretty quickly.

p.m. 2 mile swim. I didn't time it but it was probably around an hour again. Swimming, much more so than biking and running, really wipes me out. Probably because I am not in good swimming shape.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always a couple bad seeds... Theres the other group though that are inspired by the numbers you throw up though in training.. Keep it up!

Fred Doucette said...

Nice blog... Very consistent training. Be careful about the knee (biking) and shin splints (running).

Check out my tri blog as well, I just did IMLP (although not as fast as you will do FL...)

Fred

Anonymous said...

I've found your blog thru slowtwitch so it's not all negative impact. I'm impressed by the mileage and jealous of the time you can devote to training. Good luck with the IM.

Ironboom said...

Thanks everyone for the comments.