Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday: 46 mile bike; 2 mile run; abs

I was going to hop on the bike this morning but I have some major saddle sores and so was not looking forward to it, especially after having just gotten off the bike right before I went to sleep last night. Instead I went for a run, which was only the first stupid thing I did today. Anyway, I hit the treadmill. There was this really hot girl there who was running 9.2 on the treadmill next to me. 6:31 min/mi. Needless to say, I wasn't about to get on and run 9 minute miles. So of course like an idiot, I pretend my 8 minute mile pace is my warm-up. And then I cranked it up to 9.3. 6:27min/mi. I don't know how I thought of that brilliant plan. That's almost the fastest I have ever run in my life. One minute into the mile, I was huffing and puffing and in serious pain. I looked over and she was cruising, barely breaking a sweat. I barely lasted the mile, practically drowning in sweat. She looked at me as if to say, "what the hell are you doing?" I had no choice but to then fake that something was wrong with my shoe--it's a brand new shoe, as white as can be, what can be wrong with it? Anyway, I took my shoe off, examined it thoroughly as if something was really wrong with it, all while still standing on the treadmill, and then mumbled "F%cking shoe" before I went to do some abs. She ran at that pace for an hour. I have been hurting all day. Again, pretty dumb and embarrassing as well.

Tonight I got on the bike. My heart rate started out sky high. Again like an idiot, I rode much harder than I should have given the high heart rate. After 28 miles my power was steadily declining and I was pretty toast. I hit 40 miles and I felt better but still didn't have any power. I was going to finish off the ride anyway, but my knee started to hurt a little, so I got off. Total ride. 2:07. 224w. 140bpm. 82rpm.

No comments: