Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday: 56 mile bike; 5 mile run; 1 mile swim; abs

1 mile swim. ~30 minutes.

56 mile bike. 205w.

5 mile run.

Week Summary. I needed the easy week. Was starting to get tired, especially sleeping at the higher altitudes. I am now at 7,000 feet. Next week will be 7000-9000 feet. I got back to running 30+ miles for the week, which is not a lot by any means, but as much as I can handle right now. I will say, today, the first signs of doubt crept into my mind as I was running. I feel very sluggish and don't have much confidence running. I made a mistake by running 7:00 - 7:30 minute/mile brick runs in June and July--despite feeling the first signs of shin problems, and I think that running that fast has contributed to making my shins worse. That was stupid--I was feeling great aerobically at the time, but should have controlled myself given how far out I was. My run now sucks. I am very nervous about it. The good news is that my heart rates are very low at the pace I am running, which leads me to believe that I still have fitness and have time to get to where I need to be, but I am not as certain as I once was that I will get there. I'll give it everything I have though.

I start two very high volume weeks tomorrow and then move to 3 weeks of Tempo pace on the bike, by which I mean upper aerobic pace, or upper zone 2, or close to Ironman pace. Week Total: B: 309; R: 32; S: 6.

No comments: