Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday: 40 mile bike; 3 mile swim

Today sucked. Weekend sucked. Started off with what I wanted to be a 3 mile swim. The pool was packed. The only open lane was with this older lady. She looked at me and said "Come on!" I said "okay." She then said, "Are you fast....well, you look fast." I replied, "C'mon honey, I aint fast, I go for a looong time." I got a little chuckle out of her. That was the only good part of the swim as the rest of it sucked.

It seemed to be taking a lot longer than usual. I was swimming and swimming and swimming. Over 2 hours later, I finally finished. I'm pretty sure I miscounted but can't believe I would have miscounted by a mile. So I was really slow today. I will count it as 3 miles. But 2 hours in the pool wrecked me for the rest of the day. Swimming by far and away wipes me out much more than any other discipline.

I then fell asleep without setting an alarm and landed up sleeping away most of the day. By the time I woke up, it was too late to get any good miles in without having to bike too late in the night, which would ruin next week. I'm pissed with myself. 40 miles. 217w. At the same time though, if I was tired, I was tired.

Week summary. This is not the week I had in mind. What motivates me though is that I am still striving to hit my perfect week. I now need to put a string of them together. I will continue to take off running until the middle of the week. With respect to the altitude, I am now up to 5,000 feet in the tent and starting to get used to it.

I have 9 weeks of training left and then 2 weeks of taper. The next 3 weeks will be about continue to bring the volume up before I head into Tempo training. I am definitely getting nervous as time is running out. B: 368; R: 6; S: 7.

No comments: