Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday: 36 mile bike; 16 mile run

I ordered some compression socks, and compression short and long tights. They arrived today, but I haven't tried them on yet. They look cool though. I'm going to start sleeping in the long tights and wearing the socks throughout the day.

Now that I am 10 weeks out, I can't wait any longer to get the long runs in. Yet I still don't have the confidence in my shins to run long. So here was my workout to try and get most of the benefits without the wear and tear of the long run.

4 straight hours. Started with a 1 hour 20 minute run. 9.05 miles. 8:50 min/mi. Then I immediately got on the bike for 1 hour and 40 minutes. 36 miles. 242w. 140bpm. 82 rpm. Then I immediately did a 60 minute brick run. 7.34 miles. 8:11min/mi. Total workout. 4 hours. 36 mile bike. 16 mile run.

No comments: