Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday

Today marks the beginning of my Preparation Phase. It lasts from June through August and leads up to my Specialization Phase, which begins in September. The focus is to add swimming, continue to build run and overall endurance, continue to increase power on the bike at upper aerobic zones, and begin to increase power and the amount of time I can spend at lactate threshold.

I'm still looking for a half to do, but I would like to do one maybe in July and then another one at the end of the Preparation Phase in August.

_________________________________________________________________________________

a.m. 9 mile run.

p.m. Strength (5x20 push; 3x3 pull; abs; 3x12 legs - press, curls, extension, hip ab/adductors). Run home from gym. 2 miles. Easy. 60 min recovery spin. Another flat.

No comments: