Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday: 56 mile bike; 1.1 mile swim

S: 35 min swim. 2045 yds. Felt much better than just two weeks ago. I'm upping my standard 30-31 min swims to 35-36 min swims. I hope to build them up to 75 min 4-5/wk by the time I begin my Specialization Phase. Realistically, I'm not going to be in 59 min shape--I started way too late--but I think 1:05 is still doable.

B: I had two hours recovery scheduled but felt decent so kept going to finish off 56 miles. Made sure to keep heart rate down. 2:43:43. 190w.

R: I attempted to run today. I stopped after half a mile. My hip is still bothering me unfortunately. It's not super painful. But it just doesn't seem right. I might try to run again on Friday or just take the week off again. With 20 weeks to go, I am not too concerned about not running. I want to make sure that it's healed for when I need to start Ironman specific training. As an aside, I don't feel it on the bike but am not sure if biking is preventing it from healing?

W: Abs.

No comments: