Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday

Day 1 of Bike Tempo block + Run Endurance.

S: 31 min. 1760yds

B: 3 hours w/60min at Tempo (250-280w; 65-75rpm). Felt very good during the hour of Tempo. But I have lost some endurance over the last few weeks. I had a tough time mentally and physically during the last hour, which was just easy pedaling.

R: 60 min run. My shin hurt a little. Not the compartment syndrome but the shin itself. I felt it yesterday too. I ran too hard at the end of last week. May need a couple days off. Skipped second run.

W: 3x4 pull; 5x25 push; abs; 3x12 leg press, curl, extension. It's getting harder and harder to bike and especially to run from lifting, even though I am barely lifting any weight at all. I scheduled 10 weeks of lifting so that I end it 4 weeks before my Specialization phase begins, hoping to get that extra bit of power (on the bike and swim) and because lifting helps me keep a better diet (as I become more vain). I'll give it a few more times, but not sure if I'm going to keep up the leg lifting.

I'm wiped. A lot more so than I thought I'd be.

No comments: