Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday: 61 mile bike

S: Off. Wanted to swim but thought better of it. I'm going for 4 swims this week. I'm already at 2.

B: 3 hours w/2x8 min at 280-300w, 8 min recovery. Didn't have great legs today despite going easy over the past 3 days. I think it was a combination of biking really late last night, not eating anything afterwards before I went to sleep, not getting much sleep, and then starting today's ride first thing early this morning. Need to figure out a better recovery strategy for late night rides, even if easy.

R: Off. I can still feel my hip/groin. Doesn't seem to be completely healed. It sucks. I really want to run.

W: Abs.

Weight. I weighed myself this morning. 164lbs. I don't seem to be losing any weight despite eating healthier. I'd like to lose 6-9 pounds over the next 6 weeks starting next Monday, so I start the Specialization Period only a few pounds (4-5) off of race weight. In addition to posting my training, I'll start posting what I eat every day to give myself a little more incentive to stick to a better diet. I'll also add a column to the right listing my weight by week as I have listed my totals miles in each discipline per week.

No comments: